2018 Ride For The Living Schedule
Thursday, June 28th
Private group tour of Auschwitz-Birkenau
Friday, June 29th
Ride For The Living – Cycle from Auschwitz-Birkenau to JCC Krakow on a flat, enjoyable, and meaningful 55-mile (90 km) bike ride
Non-Riders enjoy a day of programming and tours in Krakow, preceded by participation in the first few miles of the official Ride if they so choose
Shabbat dinner with over 500 participants, including the local Jewish community and guests from all over the world – the biggest Shabbat dinner in Krakow since before WWII
Saturday, June 30th
Participants may choose either a tour of Old Town Krakow and Kazimierz (the Jewish quarter) or a free day to explore the city and enjoy Krakow’s Jewish Culture Festival, the largest such festival in the world*
Shalom on Szeroka Street – join 20,000 people for Havdalah and an open-air music concert featuring highlights from the Jewish Culture Festival
Sunday, July 1
Various programs as part of the Jewish Culture Festival
*Discounted Festival passes available for Ride For The Living participants
RIDE FOR THE LIVING pricing
Unless otherwise noted, the cost for both Riders and Non-Riders includes three nights of hotel accommodation, bikes, helmets, and support services for Ride For The Living or alternate Friday activities, tours of Auschwitz-Birkenau and Krakow, Shabbat dinner with the Jewish community of Krakow and five additional meals, and opening and closing ceremonies. The 1-day Friday option includes the Ride itself with bikes, helmets, support services, and lunch, as well as Shabbat dinner. Flights are not included.
90% of JCC Krakow’s operating budget each year is raised overseas. We request that participants who will be riding fundraise $900 USD (30 yrs+) or $500 USD (under 30 yrs) for Ride For The Living; fundraising amounts are not included in the registration fee. Our community relies on Ride For The Living to ensure its continued viability.
If you’re interested in registering for 4-days with your own accommodation or participating only in the 1-day bike ride, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
Registration cost varies depening on participant's hotel choice. We request that participants fundraise $900 USD (30 yrs+) or $500 USD (30 yrs-) for Ride For The Living, fundraising amounts are not inlcuded in the registration fee.
- Additional hotel nights
- Saturday and Sunday lunch and dinner (restaurant recommendations will be provided)
- Flight costs
- Jewish Culture Festival tickets (contact us for discounted prices for Ride participants)
- Three night stay at a hotel (breakfast included), June 28-July 1
- Bikes, jerseys, helmets, water, lunch and snacks (day of Ride)
- Private group tour of Auschwitz-Birkenau, transportation included
- Day of programming for non-Riders (on the day of the Ride)
- Meals: Thursday lunch and dinner; Friday lunch and Shabbat dinner; hotel breakfast each morning
- Saturday programming inlcuding tours of Krakow
- Local transport to and from events.